A Chiropractor Can Help Relieve Your Shoulder Pain
Many people do not know the significance of their shoulders until one or both are out of alignment or injured. The shoulder connects with tendons, bursa, nerves, and other tissues that can cause or experience irritation, resulting in shoulder pain. A chiropractor from Back in Balance Wellness Center in Bangor and Ellsworth, Maine (ME), can relieve your shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Several conditions and factors can cause shoulder pain. The prevalent one is rotator cuff tendinitis. A characteristic of this condition is swollen tendons.
Other causes of shoulder pain are impingement syndrome and injury to other body parts, such as the biceps or the neck. Referred pain refers to the pain in one's shoulders caused by injury to other body parts.
Other causes are:
- Frozen shoulder
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken arm bone or shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder
- Torn cartilage
- Bone spurs
- A pinched nerve in the shoulder or neck
- Swollen tendons or bursa sacs
- Torn rotator cuff
- Heart attack
- Injury due to repetitive use or overuse
Shoulder Pain Diagnostics
Diagnosing the cause of your shoulder pain is a critical step toward healing. This diagnosis can help our chiropractors know the best treatment options to relieve your shoulder pain.
One of our chiropractors can administer orthopedic tests to check the range of motion in your neck and shoulders or examine muscle-related sensations. They may also recommend imaging tests, such as an MRI or CT scan before proceeding with your treatment.
Once we know your problem's cause, we will customize your treatment to ensure you get better.
Ways Our Chiropractors Can Relieve Your Pain
A chiropractor will have these five courses of treatment to relieve your shoulder pain.
- Electronic stimulation (E-Stim): We use this technique to relieve pain and do muscle therapy.
- Alignment: We will align your shoulder, clavicle, and scapula to improve range of motion and decrease pain in your shoulders.
- Ultrasound: This therapeutic approach reduces inflammation and increases blood flow while promoting healing in sprains, tears, and strains.
- Graston technique: We use an instrument to break up adhesions and scar tissues to improve the motion range.
- Myofascial release: Myofascial therapy releases the fascia covering muscles and relaxes contracted muscles.
Get Help from Back in Balance Wellness Center
Back in Balance Wellness Center provides expert chiropractic care in Bangor and Ellsworth, ME. Our team comprises specialists that offer reliable health, wellness, and adjustment care for our clients.
Our chiropractic care can relieve your shoulder pain. This help enables you to deal with the pain that threatens your daily activities. Resolving this issue will allow you to continue with your other tasks.
Call (207) 947-8077 and schedule your appointment today to get the chiropractic care you need.